Barbara Marang & Rosemary Nelson
Vida Abundante, Apdo 190
Serving Choluteca, Honduras.
1. Teach school at a bilingual Christian school from 7 to 4 Mon.-Friday. Barb is the high school teacher grades 11-12th. Rosemary is the pastor of the school. We teach the Word of God to all of the students daily.
2. Mon. night Bible study to 125 people. Many here have received the Holy Ghost and been baptized in Jesus’ name through this ministry. We teach the Word of God and feed the people a lunch.
3. Tue. night Bible study to 100-200 of our neighbors. It is a church service, and the people leave with a lunch.
4. Wed. night Bible study to 200-400 people. These people are very poor. Many live by the river and can only come in the dry season because of the river. We have a church service, and the people leave with a
5. Thursday prayer and the Word to teachers at the school after school. They have all received the Holy Ghost and been baptized in Jesus’ name. This is a discipleship class, and these are the ones who help us in the ministry.
6. Friday afternoon Bible study once a month in a new area. Between 500-700 people attend. This is a church service, and the people will leave with a lunch.
7. Saturday Bible study to the poor people who live near our new church. We have 200-500 people. This is a church service, and the people leave with a lunch.
Special note: In the church services all week we have a time of devotion, prayer, the Word, dramas or object lessons and a verse to memorize. We pass out a lunch to each person. The lunch is a chicken sandwich, a
fruit, cookies, and a drink. On holidays we give extra things like toys, gifts, Bibles, domestic products, ice cream, lollipops, or chips. Can you
imagine buying toys for 2000 people? And we supply food to 600-1000 people every week.
8. Mountain ministry. We will be building a church in the mountain village of Salazar. 400 people live in the village, and another 200 live in surrounding villages. These people are very poor. There are so many needs up here, where do you start?? We are beginning with food, Bibles, and a church building. They have no man to teach them the Bible. Please pray with us concerning this village.
9. Food ministry to the widows. This is in the same area as our new Bible study of #6 above. We buy groceries for 7 elderly widows once a month.
10. Student scholarships. We offer full scholarships to some children in our Bible studies. We believe in a Christian education. Right now we sponsor 12 students. Many children do not get to go to school. But an education will open up many opportunities for jobs in the future. One boy dropped out of school to go to work. We put him back in school for his 7th grade year. He failed most of his classes the first year but completed his 7th grade during summer. This year he passed every single class and is talking about being a pastor. We would like to sponsor him all the way.
11. Visits to an orphanage - Oasis de Amor. When we go up the mountain we bring the kids food. We have been doing this for 14 years.
12. Host short term missionaries. Groups come from WV,PA, and NY for a one week missions trip. This year we will have a high school student joining us for 4 months. These groups experience all of the above ministries, and many of their lives are changed. These groups are a blessing to many.
Thanks for all of your prayers and support. We love you.
Rosemary and Barbara